So now lets talk about WHY I chose the name that I did -
In the Bible, the olive branch represents peace, renewal, reconciliation, and God's faithfulness. This symbolism primarily stems from the story of Noah's Ark, where a dove returns to the ark holding an olive leaf, signifying that the floodwaters were receding and God's judgment had ended.
Key Biblical Meanings of the Olive Branch
- Peace and Reconciliation: In Genesis 8:11, the dove bringing the olive leaf showed that dry land had reappeared, serving as a sign of a new beginning and God's peace with humanity. This narrative origin is why "extending an olive branch" remains a common idiom for offering peace today.
- Life and Prosperity: Because the olive tree is incredibly resilient and its leaves stay green year-round, it symbolizes enduring faith, life, and God's continuing blessings.
- The People of God: In Romans 11, the Apostle Paul uses a cultivated olive tree as a powerful metaphor for God's family. Believers (like "wild olive shoots") are grafted into the tree, symbolizing unity, salvation, and inclusion into God's covenant.
Related Symbolism: Olive Oil
Closely tied to the branch is olive oil, which holds deep significance throughout scripture. It was used to anoint kings, priests, and prophets, symbolizing divine favor, the presence of the Holy Spirit, and consecration.
This blog is meant to represent all of these things, for myself and anyone else who feels it has helped them in some way. I can live in peace because I know the God that I serve has me in the palm of His hand. I am renewed because I have been born again - it is no longer I, but Christ who lives in me. I have been able to reconcile relationships in my life, mending things that were once broken back to something cordial and it has been helpful knowing the relief it provides knowing that people I have history with are still there. That I am able to root them on from the sidelines without actually being directly involved, but they know that I am doing it and it means something. God is faithful in all things, even if we choose to think differently on some subjects. God’s plans will always be far better than the plans we make for ourselves, simply because He sees the overall picture and it is His job to handle it, not ours. He is faithful in the fact that He felt the world needed each of us, and has given us the choice to choose Him back. I am consecrated and set apart for the Lord, so in all things I do, I pray it brings honor and glory to the One who deserves it.
I don’t expect that every single person who may read this blog will have a relationship with God the way that I do, nor do I expect that every single person who reads this will even believe that there is a God out there. But I do have hope that it will be so clear that I did not get to where I am by my own doing and my own strength. I cannot live a life worth living on my own, I tried that and it was a sad excuse. Everything I have, I owe to God and I will always be grateful that He keeps breath in my lungs and a song on my lips. God is good, and even if… He is still good.
Let what you get from this blog be an encouragement to you to offer that olive branch to people in your life. Heck, let it be encouragement to offer an olive branch to the Lord if you need to. This world is not perfect, but it is much better when you can share it with people who genuinely love and care for you, and there simply is no one who could love you more than Jesus Himself. Ask me how I know…
Well;
1. The Ultimate Proof: His Sacrifice
Human love often has limits, but Jesus proved His love through the ultimate personal sacrifice.
- The Action: He willingly gave His life to save ours.
- The Context: He did this while humanity was still broken and imperfect.
- The Quote: John 15:13 says, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."
2. The Depth: He Knows Everything and Still Chooses You
Human love can change when people discover our flaws, mistakes, or secret struggles.
- The Reality: Jesus already knows your absolute worst moments, thoughts, and regrets.
- The Response: He does not walk away or reject you based on those flaws.
- The Depth: Loving someone fully while knowing them completely is the highest form of love possible.
3. The Permanence: It is Unconditional and Forever
Human relationships can fail, drift apart, or depend heavily on how we perform or behave.
- The Difference: Jesus' love does not depend on your performance, mood, or worthiness.
- The Scope: Nothing you do can make Him love you more, and nothing can make Him love you less.
- The Promise: Romans 8:39 guarantees that absolutely nothing in creation can separate us from His love.
Thank you for coming to my Ted talk, and learning the reason behind the name.
No comments:
Post a Comment