Monday, July 27, 2026

The Importance of Being Known

A lot of people underestimate how important it is to know what God says about His children. But it honestly is something very crucial to being able to survive this world we live in. If we do not know exactly what the Lord says about us, then we are more likely to believe what the enemy says about us instead. And I don't know about you, but I am going to pass on believing anything a lowly worm has to say about me when I have a King who thinks the world of me. Sorry not sorry, satan. 

Whether you are new to following Jesus or you have been following Him for years, it is a good idea to learn and know what God says about you and having that knowledge in your back pocket. Having this within reach mentally (or visually) will make it so much easier to take thoughts that are not of God captive and replace them with truth. So I just want to share some verses that you can add to your arsenal;


1. Identity and value -

Handcrafted: You are made with great care and wonder. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" - Psalm 139:14
A New Creation: Your past does not trap you; you are fresh and renewed in Christ. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come" - 2 Corinthians 5:17
God’s Workmanship: You were designed on purpose to do good things. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" - Ephesians 2:10

2. His love and protection -

Deeply Loved: Nothing can ever take God's love away from you. "For I am sure that neither death nor life... nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" - Romans 8:38-39
Chosen and Special: You belong to a royal and holy family. "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession" - 1 Peter 2:9
Never Alone: God promises to give you strength and stay by your side. "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" - Isaiah 41:10

3. Adopted into His family -

God's Child: You are an official member of God's family with full rights. "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" - John 1:12
An Heir: You inherit all the spiritual riches and promises of God alongside Jesus. "And if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ" - Romans 8:17
Chosen Early: God decided to choose and adopt you long before you were even born. "He chose us in him before the foundation of the world... he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ" - Ephesians 1:4-5

4. Completely Forgiven and Freed - 

No Condemnation: You are permanently free from guilt, shame, and judgment. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" - Romans 8:1
Fully Redeemed: Your wrongs are completely washed away through His grace. "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace" - Ephesians 1:7
Set Free: You are no longer under the control or slavery of sin. "For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery" - Galatians 5:1

5. Secure and Purposeful -

Citizen of Heaven: Your true home and ultimate loyalty belong to God's kingdom. "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ" - Philippians 3:20
Temple of the Spirit: God lives directly inside you right now. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?" - 1 Corinthians 6:19
Branch of the Vine: You are connected to Christ to produce good results in life. "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit" - John 15:5

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I pray that you are able to confidently know who you are in Christ, and start speaking life over yourself when negative thoughts try and take over your mind. I pray that you can take those thoughts captive and immediately replace them with Truth. 

Common lies tend to be where we believe we are unloved, unvalued, we are useless, we are failures, we cannot do anything right, we are a waste, the world would be better without us, our efforts are of no use. In Jesus' Name every lie from the enemy is to be squashed because you are LOVED, you are VALUED, you are USEFUL, you are not a failure but instead you are a FAITHFUL child, when you do things with Christ then you are doing things RIGHT, you were created with PURPOSE, God knew the world needed you so things would not be better without YOU, and the Lord BLESSES the efforts of His children.

Walk in Spirit and in Truth, my friends. I believe in you and I thankful you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment